Commodity.ng is a Nigerian online company that specializes in the exchange and sale of commodities through e-commerce, conveys updates about commodity prices in Nigeria and general news about those commodities. It began operations in 2017 on a simple idea: bringing news and prices of commodities through the eyes of the ordinary Nigerians (local market) up to the international level via the World Wide Web and the exchange and sale of such commodities online in Nigeria. Commodity.ng uses the local standard rate of exchange which are Mudu, Kilogram, bowl, Paint Bucket, Bag amongst others to quantify the commodities on its dashboard.
This platform seeks to use these local rates to promote Nigerian Commodities, thereby shielding the local Nigerian trader from direct negative foreign influence at the same time co-relating both international rates and local rates to get a cohesion in favor of both market. Commodity.ng has an array of correspondence spread in all parts of the country that helps in collecting the data necessary for running the platform.
Our operations stems from our Missions, which is durable. It states our purpose as an entity and function as the metric which we weigh our operations. The missions are…
- Enhance uniformity in the prices of commodities throughout the country
- To bring to light, live commodity news from the local traders and serve them to the world
- To create a platform in which commodities can be exchanged online to the Nigeria market
- To be able to predict and forecast prices of commodities in Nigeria to a certain degree
- To be able to rate the Nigerian commodities market using the Nigerian scale
- Reduce the stress of consumers on knowing where to buy, how to buy, how to transport commodities to their doorsteps or where it is needed
Our vision guides every facet of our operations by stating our goal to help us maintain continuous growth. Our vision is to be an effective commodity data collection and exchange platform that will provide the most close to accurate data about commodities in Nigeria and to also be a responsible organization that helps in enhancing positive change.